WOW! I can't believe how fast time just scatters away.
After my last post (which was all the way in May) I have been trying to relax some, to no avail.
June was packed with birthdays and cupcake classes to prepare and teach.
July 1st was my son's 6th birthday and a birthday party for him, so more cake stuff and some decorating. "Avengers" was the theme. And it was hot hot hot!!! And my home has no AC.
But as I sit here and drink my coffee and browse through many fantastic blogs, I am becoming invigorated by ideas and the feeling of my creative juices flowing through my veins. Has nothing to do with me being on my second cup of coffee, nope.
I am ready to share and create once more. And while I prepare and make, here is that Orange Lavender Cupcake recipe that I made for those wonderful teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week.
Orange Lavender Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons finely chopped lavender
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, sugar, lavender, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in your mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, oil, egg, and vanilla until all is combined.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
4. Add the orange zest until it is mixed all through the batter.
5. Using your preferred kitchen utensil, pour the batter into your cupcake liners.
6. Cook at 350 degrees for about 10-20 minutes. Makes about 15 cupcakes.
I used the same Icing that I used for the Mini Strawberry cupcakes .
Mamita's Next Thing:
I have yet to reveal my mothers day gift. And as blogs go, there have been many with Christmas in July. Yes, Christmas! I know....
So there are things to come..... If you've just stopped by, and have not yet signed up to recive updates, make sure you do so. I would love to share with you.
And I can't leave today with out shouting out a happy birthday to my sister-in-law,
Happy Birthday Patti!!!!!