Friday, August 3, 2012

My Guacamole Recipe

WOW!  Where is the summer going!

I can't believe we're in August already.

                   I've been busy with the kids having fun in the hot sun.

                                                          And school is just around the corner!

Luckily, school shopping is just about done.



I had a craving for Guacamole the other day, so I went ahead and made some.

                                                                               And wanted to share my recipe with you.

I don't make this often, because I'm a Weight Watchers member and 1/4 cup is 2 points plus value.

                              And I can't just stop at 1/4 cup......try the whole bowl.  YUM!


Yes there are tons of Guacamole recipes out there,
                                           
                                                              but I promise you this is one of the better ones! 




Ingredients:

4 ripe avocados
fresh lime juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 of a cilantro bunch, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 of an onion, chopped
optional: 1/2 chopped jalapeno 
Your favorite chips

1.  Peel the avocado and take the pit out.  I cut the avocado in half and separate the halves, this will expose the pit.  Using my knife I sick the knife into the pit using the long blade of the knife not the point, twist and that should take the pit out.  Please be careful not to cut yourself!  Then I use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh of the avacoado and put it in a bowl.

2.  Mash the avocado with a potato masher to the consistency that you would like. 

3.  Mix in the juice of the lime and grapefruit.

4.  Now mix in the rest of the ingredinets, cilantro, salt, tomato, onion, and the jalapeno.  

5.  Enjoy!

You can modify this recipe to your liking.

                      More cilantro, less cilantro.  More tomato.  No onion please.
                                                                                                 How ever you want it.

With the jalapeno, I usually leave it out, but if you like the heat by all means put a whole jalapeno in.  If you still want a little bit of heat, just make sure to take the seeds out of the jalapeno before chopping and start with just half of one.  Gloves would be a good thing to use when chopping and seeding the jalapeno.  If you don't use the gloves, make sure you wash your hands before you rub your eye.

Don't learn the hard way like my hubby did.


Mamita's Next Thing:

Tea Time table runner!  If you didn't get a chance to check out my Pink Lemonade table runner you can go here for directions on how to make one.

Have a wonderful day!

Lola







No comments:

Post a Comment